I've been MIA and Trash is why. Every Summer a bunch of my very dear friends and I get together for TFO, a midnight movie festival that runs every Saturday for 6 weeks at the historical and beautiful (and haunted) Crest Theatre. They show deliciously terrible movies, encourage heckling, serve beer and put on some of the dirtiest, bloodiest, just plain wrong (and quite hillarious) stage shows I've ever had the pleasure of being part of/viewing. They are also credited with starting the Zombie Walk. This year's walk was super successful. We had nearly 1,000 people show up. I helped with make-up. I had to stay clean and human like for the show later that night. It was a little erie being in the thicket of zombies with no zombie character of my own to play behind. You can see my faerie eye shadow still on from earlier that day. Super fun.

I must have made up 20 or more zombies that night!

I had to stay clean during the zombie walk so I could later play this crazy woman who goes mad after not winning the fx artist contest and goes after a judge (don't worry, some "army" dudes took me out). Bloody fun!!

It's not all blood and guts you know....
...there are fantastical sparkling days where I spend all my free time with mythical creatures.
Mermaid Parade!


My boyfriend's tattoo will be painted many times I suspect. Here she is as a Mermaid... or siren rather. 



I also made like a bazillion balloon swords for our showing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. So much FUN!!!
Summertime fun with friends just makes ya wanna have fun with family too. My seester is turning like 25 or something. We're planning a faerie party (right up my alley). So we spent a day playing painter and hair dresser. It was magical.
Summertime fun with friends just makes ya wanna have fun with family too. My seester is turning like 25 or something. We're planning a faerie party (right up my alley). So we spent a day playing painter and hair dresser. It was magical.

And of course, let's not forget the epic Werewolves on Wheels night. I got to paint 3 of my great friends like wolves. Not bad for my first try at "Wolf".

Wolves make me want candy. And look! These lips have candy suckers on the other side. My bestest friend and I goofin'...please admire our face dots. Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment